Monday, February 16, 2009

THE LADY

Assalamualaikum


Excerpt from the Star online April 17, 2008












My ADUN: Sungai Rapat

Full Name: Hamidah Osman
Party: Umno
Age: 47
Marital status: Married
Number of children: Four
Constituency: Sungai Rapat
Education: Degree in Accountancy, UiTM
Profession: Full-time politician



Hamidah, who is also Gopeng Wanita chief, has been with Wanita Umno for 25 years.

How much time do you spend on the computer? Do you blog? Do you have a website?

About an hour a day. If it is work-related, maybe up to four hours. I don’t have any blog. I’m planning to set up a website.

What kind of music do you listen to? Please name a favourite song.

Not so much. Don’t have any.

Are you into movies? Name a favourite movie.

I seldom watch movie. I only watch what is on the television. No favourites.

What do you read? What was the last book you read?

I prefer books on human behaviour and character building. The last book I read was called ‘Penenang hati’. I forgot who the author was.

Are you into the English Premier League football? What’s your team and favourite player?

I used to follow EPL sometime ago. My husband likes Liverpool so I followed him. I don’t have any particular footballer that I like.

If not football, what’s your favourite sport?

I like sports actually, especially badminton, I would follow the progress of our country’s players in tournaments every now and then through news.

What do you play? Who is your favourite sports star?

I would go for bowling whenever I have the time. No one in particular.

Coffee or tea? Name your brew.

I prefer tea, plain and thin. Cameron Boh tea.

Got a nickname? How did it come about?

Kak midah, everyone calls me that. It is derived from my name.

What languages can you speak?

Bahasa Malaysia, English and a bit of Cantonese.

Do you smoke?

No. I hate smokers.

What is the gadget you can’t do without?

Handphone is important and my laptop also.

What’s your favourite food? Spicy food.

What car do you drive and how long have you had it?

I have a Mercedes 230 for 13 years and a Toyota Estima for about four years.

What is your contribution to environmental conservation?

I am very cautious about preserving the natural beauty of the environment. I used to be involved in landscaping and I would do a lot of tree planting.

Name an idol (dead or alive) that you look up to and why.

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad. He is a great leader who has served the country for 23 years. I admire him for his leadership quality, his vision and what he has done for the country.

Any phobia?

I am scared of anything cold-blooded.

Favourite actor, and why.

Tan Sri P. Ramlee because he was such an evergreen actor and his message is still relevant to our society.

Favourite actress, and why. None.

What do you like about Malaysia?

We have a unique mix of cultures and races. The people can live together as a whole community and we respect each other.

What do you dislike most about Malaysians?

Some Malaysians are busybodies (laughs) and they are sometimes very emotional and less rational.

Which sector in Malaysia would you like to see improvement?

I would like to see improvements in all service-based sectors, especially those related to public services. They are still lots of room for improvement.

If there is one thing you wish you can change in the country, what would that be?

I would like to change the attitude of the people. I want the country to be prosperous and for the people to adopt eastern values.